Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Rootbeer Float Martini

Let me tell you the story behind this spectacular after dinner drink. I was stuck doing jury duty, but we were able to leave a bit early one day. I stopped down at a bar where a frined of mine was bartending. She asked me to try a drink she just made. She said do you like rootbeer floats? I said not really, but if its free, I will give it a try. She made the drink and told me to close my eyes and imagine a hot summer day when I was a kid and then take a sip. I was so surprised that it tasted just like a rootbeer float! I asked what was in it and then it dawned on me, why not make it a martini? So I gathered up the ingredients and made it for my wife. She is kind of my guinee pig when it comes to new drink. She loved it!! Its a great dessert or after dinner drink. It is almost too easy to make.
 1 shot of each: Baileys, Kalua, Rootbeer Schnaaps, Godiva white chocolate liqueur, Patron XO Cafe.
Add to shaker and shake away all your worries, and strain into a martini glass. "Please Drink Responsibly"

No comments:

Post a Comment