Thursday, November 17, 2011

Crab Cake Salad

I went out to lunch with some co-workers to one of our favorite burger spots. I was not in the mood for a burger, then I saw a special that said "Crab cake Salad". So I said to myself, self you should get that. It was a salad that had a crab cake, fresh baby mozzarella, cherry tomatoes, with a lemon basil vinaigrette. Needless to say, that salad was awesome! I said, I need to go home and recreate this and make it better. So i made my own vinaigrette with white balsamic, lemon juice, Dijon mustard and pesto. That was the best vinaigrette I have ever made. The rest of the salad was easy. Romaine hearts, baby heirloom tomatoes, fresh baby mozzarella, and a crab cake (I used a crab cake from Trader Joes). When my wife took her first bite, she had this look on her face like, how did you come up with something that you only ate once? I did have to pat myself on the back with this one. My passion is food! Food is love!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment